Gib left this morning before the sun came up to catch a flight to Denver. From there, his Scout troop is taking a bus to Philmont, a Boy Scout ranch in the mountains of New Mexico. They had a day of sightseeing and a ropes course planned. Gib was slightly irritated that this meant he couldn't wear flip flops on the plane. It looks like he bounced back pretty quickly though. I am so thankful for the inspiration we had to join this troop. As he finishes his Scouting career as an Eagle Scout I look back and see nothing but positive experiences and great friendships. It warms my heart and I know we've been truly blessed.
I am unable to save pictures from the guy who has texted these, so I had to do a screen shot. Better than nothing! I can't see a couple guys I know are on the trip, so maybe this isn't everyone, but it's pretty close. For those who care, nearly 50 Scouts went on the 2013 Philmont trip. Gib is one of two kids, both pictured here, I think, who are on their 2nd Philmont adventure. He is hesitant to proclaim any one adventure as BEST or better than others, but if pressed, Gib says backing 75 miles when he turned 14 years old on the trail was pretty darn amazing. He and the dude pictured with him here lobbied for a super strenuous trek and they got it in #33 with 94 miles and the Triple Crown of Philmont, which I have mentioned previously.
I am so excited for him that he gets a second chance to do something that meant so much to him, and this time he'll turn 18 right after he returns home. First time in years we get to celebrate with him on his actual day. Couldn't be happier for the dude!!

No comments:
Post a Comment