Thursday, March 7, 2013

Domino Effect

Well, judging by the wild & crazy facebook argument my family heavily participated in - which had the 6 of us evenly split on whether or not it was Taryn in a photo from a family reunion in 2004 - I think titling this entry the Domino Effect is pretty appropriate.

It seems to describe the day-to-day stuff of our lives pretty good too. Each day seems to have its own catalyst and then a bunch of stuff happens or changes. The next day something else happens and it's a whole new world again.

Today it was a very nice college financial aid offer to Gib including a grant that when combined with merit aid already awarded basically covers full tuition to Birmingham Southern College!  It's in the Top 3 of Gib's list, and #1 on mine. So I'm pretty excited! I have to call and verify some things, but I am cautiously super-excited. Gib is mulling it over. He'd have to give up the ideal of playing Ultimate as a club sport - unless he could start it there. He would have to give up a sweet 65-35% female-male ratio at another top choice university. And he would have to go to a significantly smaller school than any others on his list - only about 1100 students total. But he would be getting paid a lot to go for it. For that much money I could make a couple concessions.

Waiting on pins and needles for the last 2 schools to send out their financial aid package.

No comments: