THERE & BACK: Tomorrow Mike takes off to pick up Taryn for her spring break week. Me and Mariah will be kicking BACK, clean the house a bit, maybe do a little Zumba together. We've been on the Atkins diet and have lost about 10 lbs each. I think we may be ready to add exercise to our Spring Break plans as we cruise into Easter. Actually, I have been stressing a little about Easter because I don't want to buy any candy. I considered filling some eggs with cold, hard, cash. When Mike reads that I just know he will groan. What else am I going to do? Put celery sticks and Atkins bars in 'em?! Taryn is in for a RUDE surprise when she goes to raid the kitchen for all the comforts of home and finds veggies, avocados, cheese, eggs, frozen atkins meals and power bars, and very little else. For a change, she may be happy to get BACK to college food!
BACKPACKING: Gib watched a little basketball with Mike during lunch hour (school got out at 11) and then packed for his backpacking trip, played Ultimate, picked up his dinner I had phoned in at the corner store, showered, and took off for another weekend backpacking in preparation for Philmont at the end of June. That's about par for the course - I'm usually seeing the BACK of Gib as he heads out the door.
I saw the itineraries for Philmont the other day - Philmont Itineraries June will be here before we know it.
I mentioned it to Gib and asked what he thought they might be able to do. He said that because of how many scouts are signed up for it (over 40) there was no telling. I know he really wants his crew to include his Venture Crew buddies because they are tight group of friends and I think would enjoy a challenging Philmont experience vs being water-carriers for the "cripples" and younger scouts. I did mention how it was nice that when he was a younger scout he got to go with some Venture Crew dudes who carried the bulk of their supplies and water. Gib replied, "yeah, but they WANTED us - they ASKED for us to be on their crew because we were so cool". Well, they all had a great time and everyone kept up. Here's hoping his Philmont 2.0 is even better than the first one!!
I'm personally voting for itinerary #35!!! (It's over 100 miles long). When he gets home, I'll be all like, "What?! BACK already?!!!!"
1 comment:
Back up the Truck!!!
Post a Comment