Felicie's mom said they would:
- see the Eiffel Tower,
- go all around Paris
- Notre Dame cathedral
- boat ride on the Seine
- Disneyland
- the chateau of Versailles
- go to Burgandy and Champagne region (where Felicie's parents were both born. I'm pretty sure her mother's family has a vineyard. maybe all French people do, kinda like our zucchini gardens)
- Also under consideration is a trip along the Atlantic Ocean for a few days. They have a villa in Italy so I wonder....
Is that not totally awesome or what?!?! Mariah will be going with Peyton who we got to know last summer. Even after Felicie and Lillion returned to Paris, our two families have stayed in contact. Peyton's dad is in the music business and we have gone to several singer/songwriter parties at their place. In fact, he's playing at the Bluebird again and we are going this Friday to catch the round. Tickets sold out in 6 minutes, so I set an alarm and was just waiting for the online reservations to open at 8am!
The girls are sitting side by side on the flight both there and back. I'm not sure they will be seeing alot of each other while in France, as the two families may have separate plans. I imagine they might do a sightseeing and/or shopping day together. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity for them both. The other family is driving them up to Chicago as they have family there and there's a direct (nonstop) flight to Paris. I think Mariah is going to get a little mini-vacay with another family while she is at it!
Meanwhile, we are in lock-down mode to save money for all the upcoming travels. Mariah and Gib had to give up Florida which is a huge bummer! We hope maybe our favorite Floridians might head our way instead? I also had to give up a trip I hoped to go on in May. Luckily, the cruise in April to celebrate our 25th anniversary is still ON. I'm glad we don't have to give that up!
No comments:
Post a Comment