Saturday, March 3, 2012

No More Waiting

We are all safe and sound after a big tornado outbreak. My head kept telling me nothing to worry about much. Still, I moved the vacuum cleaner out of the tornado closet and unlocked the door to the Man Cave in case we had to seek underground shelter. The Bubble of No Trouble lived up to its reputation. The kids were let out of school at 11 in anticipation of severe and life threatening weather, but we were spared. Praise God! Did you see some of those photos??? We waited around all day to see what was going to come our way and were glad nothing much did.

And, here's another thing some people have been waiting for:

I had to give away my red & white Cat in the Hat bag to another child who was absent the day we painted the red stripes so she could get straight to work on the white stripes that was the project kicking off our day. I meant to do one for her after school the day before, but forgot. So mine's plain brown instead of red and white. Everyone's was slightly different and oh so adorable. On Thursday we finished it with glitter glue, feathers and sequins which also aren't on mine. I wish you could see the class photo but I can't put that kind of stuff out on the internet. The kids were alot cuter!

Remember the Rock? Part Christmas gift to Grammy and part anniversary gift from Grammy to us... well, we've been waiting and waiting for new inventory since Ronnie said the other choices were too big, except for one and it was #3 on the like list.


Today we made it out there and it didn't take us long to find a new favorite rock. It's the one falling off the pile as the dude moves a bunch of pallets to get to our rock and then separates it to go get it weighed and tagged. Can you believe you buy a huge rock by the pound?!
I can't believe we don't have a geologist or two in the family - we love rocks!
We are so excited to put this baby in the yard.
The new "smaller" rock weighs around 450 lbs. At .25 a lb it came to a little over $100. We were pleased at the price too. Hopefully Ronnie will agree that he can get it into our yard with his machinery. Or we'll have to go back to the rockyard, and it's just getting dangerous. Grammy spotted a giant stone goose. She looked at it but I firmly said, '"NO!" She loved her Aflack Goose but somebody broke off its beak playing jokes on her with it.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

You guys are so funny with your rocks! :)

Kay said...

LOVE the Hat, Miss Chrissie!!

Man, they dug up tons of HUGE rocks in my yard when building this house. We got rid of most of them! I wish I'd known some one out there would actually pay money for them! ;0

Kay said...

LOVE the Hat, Miss Chrissie!!

Man, they dug up tons of HUGE rocks in my yard when building this house. We got rid of most of them! I wish I'd known some one out there would actually pay money for them! ;0