Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Chop-Chop

Chop-Chop is one of my favorite expressions. Today it applied alot!

  • Before work this morning, I thought I could finish the Host Family application form if I hustled. It was mostly done, just Interests & Hobbies and stuff like that left to complete. Gib wants us to host a guy his age from Spain. He got the info from his high school counselor. I almost finished it, but realized that it was my turn to make the Wednesday Sonic Run for an assortment of drinks and needed to leave a little early.
  • I got ready as fast as I could and drove off without thinking about the milk I was supposed to pick up for preschool. You know, those cute little cartons of white and chocolate? I was mentally rehearsing everything I wanted to say in a parent-teacher conference and turned right at my corner instead of going straight - had I taken the straight road I might have remembered because it takes me near GFS.
  • I remembered when I pulled into preschool that I didn't have today and tomorrow's milk with me. Oops! Luckily the director had opportunity to go get it, and I volunteered Pre-K to skip chapel today allowing her to do so since we are basically having it tomorrow with our Easter celebrations. And by the way, the conference went great. And with no chapel I had LOTS of extra time....
  • So I rotated kids in a fine chop-chop form through 3 art projects before lunch, and scrambled to finish one we started yesterday. And then, wouldn't you know it on the playground the other teachers reminded me of a cute Little Bunny Foo Foo we did last year and since we've been reading it every day I just HAD to start it today too. So that made 5 art projects, one easter story, a jelly bean cross activity about Easter which included a review involving eating the right color jelly beans, then we voted on which ones we liked and didn't like, took a hand tally, and then documented our work. At the end of the school day we cut open the balloons we covered in tissue paper and glue that have been drying since last Thursday. They turned out soooo cool. I will post a pic later. My phone is charging. Gib likes to play games on it and return it to me with 5% battery left.
  • Taryn got a chop-chop today! She got a new hair style. Another picture is needed for sure! She took about 5" off and got it layered. It's very cute.
  • On the way home I had to stop for dessert for youth group tonight. I was going to make cinnamon rolls but the yeast problem last night prevented it. So Twinkees, Ding-Dongs, and strawberry Zingers won the day. Taryn and Gib put the chicken alfredo casseroles in the oven for me and I had a whole hour to sit down before I had to run it up to church. I had a nice chat with Taryn and Gib.
  • Then it was off to church, set out dinner, and then run to middle school chop-chop before all the guys finished off the food to get Mariah and another friend in youth group. Luckily church is about 3 minutes from middle school and I think there was a Twinkee or two left for the girls.
Which reminds me of another favorite expression: If ya snooze, ya lose.

2 comments:

Will said...

So do you have a British accent when you say "Chop Chop?" I'm just wondering . . .

Kristin said...

I am exhausted reading about your day! I think Twinkies and ding-dongs are perfect for youth group :)