Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Can of Worms


Heh Heh Heh :)))

You know those trick can of worms that fly out and scare ya when you unscrew the lid?!
Well, we have something that always makes me think of that at preschool. It's the tunnel. Constructed of nylon and metal spirals, it's 6 feet long, and for some reason no longer has the ties that allowed it to be collapsed into the size of a hula hoop.

The Assistant Director and I were putting up all the toys like we do every day after recess. Everything has to go just so into the closet to fit. As I was trying to find a new place for a 6' boingy tunnel, I had a moment of sheer genius.

It took 4 hands to accomplish it, but tomorrow when the other Teacher Assistant opens the toy closet ---- BOING!!!!!! That sucker is gonna come flying out at her right at knee level.

We giggled for the rest of the day. Now we just have to remember not to be the first ones to open that door. And try to keep a straight face during morning staff meeting. I'd really love to hover around to see it happen, and I've even dreamed up setting it up to be better by telling her that I think I heard rats or something in there yesterday. But she might refuse to open the door then and I'm not sure my dimples won't give me away. I'll probably be in a classroom and miss it, but as long as it works, it's all goooooood.

3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love it! How did it go this morning? You need to do it again tomorrow. No one will be expecting it 2 times in a row!

Kay said...

No hidden camera? Come on....

Will said...

Yep, now EVERYONE's waiting in anticipation!