The Good News: The tunnel trick worked.
The Bad News: Its intended victim was busy in the morning with the Littles, and the gal who helped me set it said "she had to do the toys herself after all". I'm not buying that. Bleedin' heart softie! She even admitted she felt bad for my victim because she was out sick on Tuesday. C'mon man!!!!
Next time, I'm setting the trap up without help. I have no such qualms. If you're not well enough to handle a 6' tunnel popping out of a dark closet at you, then you are NOT well enough to deal with preschoolers. So, somebody's getting it, I will just bide my time and let fate decide who will Release the Kraken.
This weekend is pretty busy. Mariah had play practice for Music Man. Sadly, for her, she didn't make it into the rep theater's Aladdin but doing two plays at once would have been challenging so we're/I'm taking it in stride. Today Mariah has a mega practice for Forensics. They will feed the kids pizza for dinner. She'll probably be home around 7 pm. And then back at school at 4 AM to leave for the Memphis tournament. Now that we're down to just one play, Volleyball may be back on the table. Wears me out just thinking about it.
Gib is taking the ACT tomorrow morning. He is full of joy and anticipation. He takes it again next month during high school. After speaking with some of the college people, I think it would be a good idea to take the SAT at least once more too so they can superscore his numbers. He doesn't know it yet, but he'll be taking these tests several times before next December. heh heh
I'm praying they both do well tomorrow! I'll be sitting in front of my space heater. It'll be too cold to do anything else. We're supposed to get a "snow event" = anything over 1/2". So on top of well wishes for test takers and performers, prayers for safe travel too!
3 comments:
Books a new background, seems appropriate for your family, almost everyone goes to school every day...
I agree with you, I would have died laughing if someone hid a 6 foot worm in a closet and it popped out at me! Can't wait to hear about the next one.
I remember those times that Mariah is going through right now... booked so tight! Can you record some of her Music Man perfomance and post it? I have never seen it and I bet she'll be fantastic. Good luck at the Forensics Competition too.
Sharpen your No. 2 pencils Gib, sounds like your mom is booking you TIGHT with all these tests! Good luck and don't forget your Calculator... I hear you need one of those.
Now if we could only convince Taryn to start a blog then maybe we would know what was going on with HER every once in a while... Hmmmm.
And the funny thing...it all started out with Mike...Ringo's Blog!
Not sure what's more exciting in Nashville, 1/2 inch of snow or a 1/2 inch of live and dead crickets? LOL!
Good luck Gib!
I think the snake in the can is hilarious :)
Post a Comment