Today is one of those days where my iPhone alarm is set to go off a whole bunch of times telling me to do stuff. It used to be that I had a list. Well, the list doesn't beep. Twice.
Wake up. Send an important email. Call the eye dr, call the pediatrician. Fill out dr office paperwork. Go to Bed Bath & Beyond for Indie's window curtains, go to the UPS place to mail them to her, and pick up Mariah early from school for an appointment to hopefully start allergy shots - finally! (don't forget that paperwork)That sort of stuff. Forget about mundane reminders like do the laundry or vacuum.
But the dreaded alarm? Ehhh, that one is at 11:00 for the dentist to get a crown replaced. Apparently I'm a jaw clencher (yes, I actually do bite back some words) and after many years an old crown which is stronger than the tooth under it has cracked the tooth. First, I cracked one getting out my kids-are-going-to-college-anxiety issues, while filling a chocolate fix, with See's Chocolate Suckers, and now this!!! I was so irritated by both the need and the expense, that I just flat out did NOT go back to do it over SIX MONTHS ago. I got a phone call about 3 months later and told them I was going to wait on that. Against all their advice. Hey, when you don't have the funds, you don't have the funds. Still don't, but I decided against the redneck missing tooth look or seeing if insurance covered more for a root canal than they do for a crown. When I returned for another bi-annual cleaning, they were practically toe-tapping at me. Well, today they have me right where they want me. It's payback time with the nasty numbing juice and the big needles. But what I absolutely hate the most is the face numbing afterwards. If I could just be put under until it was all over I would do it in a heartbeat to avoid that.
Well, my alarm is about to beep for the 2nd time. I should have put an alarm on for blogging and allowed time for that too. What was I thinking?!
P.S. It would be great if Mariah got allergy tested today, but not sure she will because I think you have to make another appointment for that. But the poor girl is in the middle of another major allergy attack and has already been on steroids twice since February to deal with it. She's miserable enough not to complain too much about the needles today and won't overthink it like she will if we go back specifically to be pricked a bunch of times. Really, who wants that?!
It will do to her what the crown appointment is doing to me. And it will be one of those days....for both of us.
2 comments:
Yuck, double YUCK! Makes me just want to crawl back into bed for the 2 of you . . .
Ditto to what Will said. I hope you keep your pain meds on hand. Good luck today! The both of you!
Post a Comment