Indy has landed in DC and will be taking off shortly for Atlanta. Mike will pick her up and drive back home. I expect to see them sometime late this evening. We are excited to hear about Indy's Ethiopian adventures! It feels like she has been gone a really long time. Aussie has missed her too :) We are getting his claws trimmed today; that's his welcome home gift for Indy because I know he will be too excited to have her back to remember the No Claws Just Paws rule. He sure wanted to know what I was doing at 5 a.m. in a duffel bag that smelled ALOT like his girl when I grabbed an outfit for Mike to take with him to the airport in case Indy wanted to change into fresh clothes. He was dancing on his paws when I told him his girl was coming home! Coulda been the early breakfast he was anticipating but I'm pretty sure he has been listening to the countdown.
Taryn and I had a nice afternoon together yesterday. We needed haircuts so we booked them together and went out for lunch afterwards. Next to the salon is the Shop Around The Corner in Downtown Franklin and she got a cute top off the sales rack. We had to reschedule Aussie's claw trimming appointment because we shopped but it was worth it! Plus, my visiting teacher was due to come over and I was going to be a tad late. Mariah was a gracious hostess and kept her company out on the patio until we got home. Mariah was quite the Go-To Gal yesterday, wasn't she?!
Gib met with a lady from Fifty Forward (or as I like to call them Five Alive), at the senior citizen community center Grammy goes to to discuss projects they would appreciate a Scout troop taking on when an Eagle project comes up. Gib shared their ideas with Mike and I last night and we all agreed the Horseshoe Pit sounded like a great idea! Mike especially thought it was cool because his brother Art also did the same type of Eagle Project. So now Gib will begin the process of presenting it for approval. AT LAST!!!!!!!!
Mariah is counting down the days before Felicie gets here. We have about 2 weeks to go. I have some serious planning to do regarding the 3 weeks of fun, fun, fun Mariah anticipates having with our foreign exchange student. I sure hope there are ALOT of free, free, free fun activities happening in July!
Taryn is counting down the days until Tim and his family get here. They will be in Kentucky for a family thing and will stop by for a visit. She is glad Indy finally gets to meet Tim.
Gib will be leaving for EFY and a visit with Grandpa Fred and Jan in Florida next week. That is always the highlight of summer! Mariah and I bought an early bday gift for the dude: a new golfing outfit and a couple of new t-shirts. Gotta look stylin' out there.
I don't know Indy's plans yet, but I can anticipate that when she is awake, she will have plans with friends! She won't be here for long after all and will have to squeeze in as much as she can.
3 comments:
Your family is SO busy. I'm surprised the rest of the human family isn't getting manicures or something
Yep, I remember helping a smidgen with that horse shoe project. I wonder what it looks like now?
Glad Indy is safe back in the States!
Man Mariah was all over the place yesterday. Blogging, hostess, etc.
It sounds like a crazy busy time over there! That is always the best. Enjoy it :)
Post a Comment