Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Good Times, Eh?

I was given a CD with over a hundred photos on it :) The Dude is too busy making up for lost time on Xbox to contribute to the photo blog, so I figure I have free rein to interpret them myself. Enjoy. Maybe Gib will tell you about the trip the way it really happened.


BOUNDARY WATERS CANOE TRIP 2011



The Scouts ~ some smelled fresher than others, all fueled up on red meat, and checking to see whose mom embarrassed who the most with a girlie colored bandana or something



Is it just me, or is the air cleaner?!



The first day was action packed - rapids, miles and miles of canoeing, walking over land carrying everything on their backs until they got to the next waterway.



A whole bunch of portages



And, as usual, the grown ups happy to grab whatever the kids left behind
(kidding!)



The canoes were heavy
alot heavier than that sack of rubber duckies



Oh Canada!



"Yo Gib! Check this out!"



"Dude, is that my sock?" (Gib is looking invisible)



A fine looking catch



Dude, if I find a dollar in my pocket can I pay you to row more?!



Workhorses for gear on the portages.



I bet nobody thought to tell them that's what it feels like to be 9 months pregnant.



(Note: Mr. K has an awesome accent)
"Yah, go ahead an' put ve bag on my orrr, see if I care"



Water! Blessed Water!



Gib: "Do you think we'll have fish for dinner again?"



"If we don't all we get is rice. Hey Fish! Get in my belly!"



Gib: "Yes! It's too big for your belly!"



Gib is doing the frying pan math, pretty sure that his buddy has to share



No worries!



OK Boys, time to play "What Will Be Your Hygeine Product of the Day?!"



Gib: "Sweet, I got toothpaste. Now I won't have to lie to my mom when she asks if I brushed my teeth"

"What IS this stuff? Shampoo? D.O.? What?!"
"I'm eating it"



Mr. K: "Yah! I got za soap!!!!!"



"A'right boys, now pay attention. This is how ya do fish in 'Bama"
Gib thinking if he shows proper appreciation will get the biggest piece.



Mr. T's got his ways of cooking. The rule: It's always HIS RULES.
Don't mess with an Italian's kitchen. Gotta say, it's good stuff.



I can almost smell that. Yum!



"Who's wishing they had this cool hat now, huh?!"



"That doesn't smell like dinner"
"HE did it!"



1. Hey Griff - This is the pot we'll be cooking your fish in tonight!



2. I don't think so boys. This baby's going back in and y'all better get your fillet knives sharpened.



3. Mr. T: Can you beat this one Griff?!



4. Dun-Dun; Dun-Dun; Dun-Dun



5. The Pike IS Down! TKO!



6. GRIFF is ON the Lake! 42" Pike. Catch of the trip.



7. The mighty will be humbled.



8. The bandana fooled the fish into thinking he was snatching bait off a sissy girl



Before the start of every day, there was mandatory Yoga On The Rocks.
Some were better at it than others. I LOVE my boy!



To Gib's Sisters: next time you think about taking on your brother,
you might want to think again:



So many smiles. So much "color"!



Nobody wants to canoe with a guy wearing Salmon



The End of the Road (Lake, River, whatever)



No more hauling this stuff!



No more carrying these babies on our backs!





We'll miss you, Oh Canada!

4 comments:

Kay said...

I'm totally confident that your captions were much more entertaining than Gib's would have been!

Will said...

Wow, I definitely didn't have that much fun when I was in Canada. Outstanding commentary!!! I especially like the Hygiene sweepstakes-made me laugh

Carol Ann said...

Love your comments, Chrissie:) Great pictures too.

Kristin said...

It smells like Oregon to me :)

I enjoyed your comments!