Monday, June 27, 2011

Eagle Project: Pit Spot





This morning, Gib met with people from the Fifty Forward to discuss the potential location of the future horseshoe pit he will be proposing to build as his Eagle project.

I went along as Project Photographer and Blogger. I hope I get to keep that job.

Here is the general area. There are other ongoing Eagle projects for the Senior Center. This one is the Firepit.


We thought perhaps this area to the side of the pathway, but alas, two problems:



1) too close to the creek



2) on city property


Scouting for another site (that firepit is just to the right)




Checking the property boundaries and considering possibilities


"What about in THERE?"


"Hmmmm.... it could work. Plenty of shade. Looks like it might be flat. Will know more when all the honeysuckle is gone"




The Before Shot: The Perfect Horseshoe Pit Spot.





The Good News: Our meeting was just before a church group arrived for a 4 day work project and hopefully they will start in on clearing out the land!




The area in there is about 100' x 25 ' - may be enough room for 2 horseshoe pits, and a bench at the end for players. That'll be some project!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Oh, I'm sure you'll get to do much more than just blog and photograph the event. Eagle Projects seem to be a lot mom/scout projects, at least in my experiences!