Friday, December 24, 2010

The Pergola Kid

The concrete has been scored in a 2' x 2' diamond pattern; waiting to be stained later. The Lifetime Lumber arrived and a guy was here today to start the pergolas. Gib and Taryn think they look very shrine-ish and so of course Gib had to go outside and break them in.

I was supposed to work from 2-6 today. Last night I started feeling pretty bad. One eye began swelling and I had a low grade fever. This morning, I woke up with both eyes swollen; I was pretty sure the excision was getting infected. I felt bad making the Dr come in on his day off, but figured better today than Christmas if it got progressively worse. I got a prescription for a different antibiotic than the one I've been taking. I am nervous about trying one I've never been on before, however, since antibiotics and I have an unpleasant history.

I called CWC and they said the really needed me there, but would put me in the fitting room since I look like Quasimoto and don't feel so chipper. When I showed up, the store had slowed down to where there were more sales associates than customers. I was dropped off by Mike 15 minutes early, so I was hanging out in the break room, and was promptly sent home before I even clocked in. I am now on stand-by here at the house since I am 5 minutes away should things change from 4-6 when they go down to two associates to close. I am working forever the day after Christmas, so I think the assistant manager wanted me to be ready and raring to go then. Return City and Mega After Christmas Sales. Sure hope I can smile by then.

After I got cut at CWC I helped Mr. C with all the last minute errands of the Night Before Christmas, including a stop at the grocery store for sugar cookies with sprinkles on top. We figured Santa would like those just as much as if Mariah had made them, and we wouldn't have a kitchen to clean! It's just one of those kind of years. I think there will be a little something extra in the stocking to make up for it, but that's just a guess.
Merry Christmas Everyone! We hope your Christmas is joyful and filled with the Spirit of the Christ Child whose birth we celebrate, not only tomorrow but all through 2011.

2 comments:

Taryn said...

The pergolas look like Japanese Shinto Shrines

Holly said...

Oh I could see T or C doing what Gib did under the perogla. :oP Glad you were able to get an anitbitotic before Xmas. :o)