Friday, October 15, 2010

Warmth Blessed Warmth

We all know I have a fondness for HEAT, even when it's not really cold. I adore my space heater blowing on my feet.

Late last night our consumption of crushed ice exceeded the icemakers ability to produce. I gave Gib some frozen ice packs to tide him over. He had a good day; doing so much better than Indy or Taryn on the recovery. Poor girls. One painkiller in the early a.m. with ibuprofin the rest of the day. Before he went to bed we discussed the options and decided to go with another painkiller in hopes for a solid 8 hrs of uninterrupted sleep. I was surprised he woke up in significant pain at 2 a.m. The jaw bone throbbing pain kind - owww. Since his pain was increasing not decreasing, the swelling surely has done its worst, and the ice was pretty much kaput and all, and decided to make the switch to heat a little early. Indy and Taryn so loved that moment, and Gib was no exception.

6 am is never my finest hour especially on Day 2 of little sleep and I do believe I am getting a cold (oooh nooo!). When I went to reheat the sponges in the plastic bags, I forgot how long the optimum time in the microwave was and just decided to push the 2 minute button. 1:30 would be the maximum before plastic bag melt. You would think since Taryn just had this done I would remember all this. Good thing for quart sized ziploc bags! Gib is asking for heat every hour on the hour too. I think he is a bigger Heat Miser than I am!!

Click here to watch a you tube of my favorite Heat Miser song. I sing it as I try not to burn my fingers putting the hot sponges in Gib's face wrap! Sometimes I use tongs! :)

2 comments:

Kay said...

Man, what a great song!!!

I quite enjoy, "Put one foot in front of the other," also!

Holly said...

That is my favorite! We had to find the DVD because I used to sing it all the time to the boys. M girlfriend eve bought me a snowman singing the 'frost' part. :oP