Thursday, October 21, 2010

Pumpkins Not Feelin' It

Hicklen Farms 2010 was a quiet year. Not much excitement at the ol' farm. Could be that we went later in October. Could definitely be that we were missing half the family: Indy and Taryn weren't with us and Mike was in Utah on business. Could be that we were still a little wiped out from the wisdom tooth ordeal. Could be it was a Monday, but whatever, even the pumpkins weren't feelin' it! I think we all kinda felt like we shoulda just gone to the grocery store for pumpkins. How pitiful is that?! Later on Gib and I saw bigger pumpkins at the grocery store and I know we both thought the same thing! Sacrilege!!!
So yeah, it wasn't a great crop this year. Not one pumpkin butt joke was cracked, Mike. Can you believe it?! We were forced to get green pumpkins for character and that is just so predictable. Oh well, you do what you can with what you've got. I was afraid there wouldn't be a 2010 Attack Pumpkin photo scene with such a boring group of pumpkins but as we were getting ready to pay I found inspiration.

Gib and Mariah
and I would say "and a sea of pumpkins"
but we all know it was really just a "kiddie pool" wagon of pumpkins

Slim pickin's
usually you can barely walk between rows of pumpkins! Poor Farmer Hicklen!


Gib found two pumpkins that were very similar and we decided that one would be his and the other would be Mike's. Since Gib is now taller than his dad,
it was only natural that the BIG one is his.


Grammy is determined NOT to have her carved pumpkin be pitiful and bullied this year
she tried to pick one that said "Not your Average Jack. Battle Scarred Gourd looking to squash the competition"
Farmer Hicklen took our picture. After I showed him the "shiny button" and how to push it.
I think his dentures were about to fall out or something because I look like I'm trying to pass the secret chipmunk chomp code that means "hey shut yo mouth afore your teeth fall out!"

Mariah looks like a dink in this photo! Haha.

This is my Bowl of Inspiration:
I am going to carve a pumpkin patch being consumed by a giant pumpkin aka the Jello Jiggler Monster! I got 15 little wanna be pumpkins. Aren't they cute?! I like the one with mud. Sure, I could've washed it, but it might be good for special effects.

Here's our pumpkins and our pumpkin Guard Kitty.
It's OK that he's on the table Mike. He's On Duty.

2 comments:

Will said...

Good kitty, kitty, kitty . . .

Holly said...

Ah, Chino! LOL! Love all the pumpkins...with soccer over we need to go too!