Gib is doing well and recovering quickly. He's hungry but doesn't really want to eat. Luckily, Smoothie King makes yummy smoothies and you can have them add all sorts of stuff to them like protein powder, fiber, vitamin enhancement, stress relievers, stuff for muscles, joints and nerves... all sorts of things!!
To see a video or two of the dude when we left the surgery center, go to my facebook. It was the only way it would upload. I don't know why. I had several cute short ones, but those were the only 2 I was really willing to wait over 10 minutes for! Gib was not amused that I was taking the videos but in his typical laid back manner, he put up with it. He was bummed that his playlist stopped 10 songs in, which meant someone turned off his music! (shades of Indy, there!) and he didn't see any pretty colors when he went under... I think that's caused by different drugs, son.
So far, so good. So much better than poor Taryn! I made them switch things up considering how badly she did with things. He's on Demoral. But I think I'm going to scale back this afternoon and see if he can go until bedtime on ibuprofin because I don't think he is having all that much pain that 400-800 mg at a time won't handle. We'll see. He said he almost passed out last night walking back to his bed, so I'm a little cautious about the side effects of it. By the third child I guess you know better. So thanks for your suffering girls... you're not really freaks, just experiments so Gib can sail through his wisdom teeth operation, have 3 different kind of giant sized smoothies for 2 days worth of recovery waiting in the car for when he gets released, not barf - but if he does we had the prescription to stop it, and we have all the right stuff to make recovery as comfy as possible; and the biggie - I checked the ice machine the night before to make sure that for the 2nd time in a row, Murphy didn't flip the dang switch and turn that sucker off just when we needed it most! Mariah will be golden... unless I forget it all by then!!!
3 comments:
I have gotten pretty good at taking care of people who have their wisdom teeth out. You figure things out as you go :) It is cheaper in UT then in OR. Will took care of me. I took care of Suzanne, Mickie, Colton (my mom helped too), and Matt when he got his nose done 2 times, but Mickie helped with the second time.
Yay, for a quick recovery! I am thinking Con will go in here for his in a year or two. ;o) I'm gonna have to call you and Kristin for tips!
Well I'm glad that my pain and suffering was needed for something. Gib certainly is the favorite boy, wouldn't want anything bad to happen to him!
Post a Comment