Today is preschool graduation. I feel unprepared. I missed two days in the past two weeks that were part of the final hugs and last story time together, last pushes on the playground swing, last time we played Jello Jiggler Monster, etc. Now we have one hour to line them up, put on their cute square hats, get the wiggles out (not in that order) and turn on Pomp & Circumstance as they march up to the mad clicking of the parental papparazzi in the church sanctuary at our preschool. I do believe I am expected to give half a speech I didn't get to practice. At least I wrote the foundation of said speech. My co-teacher's father had quad-bypass surgery the week before Mariah had her appendix surgery, so I wrote something for her to edit and condense into our final speech. Can you believe the challenges we've been facing the final couple of weeks?! And now here it is. I both love and hate the day all the preschoolers scatter to the winds. It's good to have the school year end, but I dislike seeing all my lovies go. Before you know it they are gone and it's never the same when you see them again.
Mike will be staying home with Mariah today, who slept all night. Tomorrow we are taking down the classrooms and having a group lunch. Hopefully my mom can stay with Mariah or I will have to miss that.
Indy doesn't have much more time with us before she heads back to Mercer to begin getting ready for Africa. I am starting a part time summer job that will pay me in clothing... at Coldwater Creek. Taryn's graduation is coming right up as well on 5/22. Good thing Gib is just mellow for a month or so. I can't take much more!!
3 comments:
You got your dream job!
Paid in clothing? COOL! Sounds like you're WAAAAY busy. I haven't had Gator for the past 2 weeks and I feel a part of me is missing. I know how you feel...weird. ;)
Holy crazy!!! you all are very busy!
Post a Comment