Thursday, March 6, 2008

Toll House Pie

Here you go Kristin (and Chocolate Chip lovers everywhere)


1 cup butter (I used Crisco shortening)
2 eggs
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1 c. chocolate chips
1/2 c. pecans (optional)
1 9" deep dish pie shell, unbaked

Combine butter, eggs, flour and sugars; mix well with electric mixer. Fold in chocolate chips and pecans. Pour into piecrust and bake at 325 for 1 hr. Serve warm, topped with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. (Or send to school in your kids' lunch box if they ate popcorn instead of this yummy pie!)

6 comments:

Holly said...

OOOO, I am gonna have to try it! Yeah, where has my diet gone? :P

Mickie and Matt said...

HAHAHA Nice so is it a pastry pie shell or Graham (sp) Cracker crust?

Kristin said...

You make me laugh. I will try it tomorrow. We are having a family over for dinner and well it doesn't really go with the Chinese food we are having, but it sounds good.

Kristin said...

Now is that your 325 or my 325 ;)

Anonymous said...

Holly, Holly, Holly, one small peice is okay. Are you going to eat the whole thing and waste all your hard work over the last 8 months??

That aside~ it looks like it's a big chocolate chip cookie baked in a pie crust. And how could that not be yummy!

Chrissie said...

Go chocolate! OK, I had this big ol' response thing going and I think it's all MIKE'S fault it got lost in cyber space.

Let me try again - 'cause if there's anything I've learned in life it's that you never, never, never come between a gal and her chooclate fix!

Mickie - pastry pie shell. Guess you could try graham or maybe even oreo...naaaah, that'd be waaay too sweet!

Kristin - hahaha that'd be your 325!

I know my oven is off because we put in a temp thingy when stuff wasn't cooking right.

OK, so then Mike goes, "Did you even try this pie before sharing the recipe?!" And I go, "Uh, noooo....but the kids did!" Got thumbs up from everyone, but Indy warns that it is extremely chocolatey. Serve with shots of ice cold milk.