Tuesday, February 12, 2013

File Under - Kids Say the Funniest Things

It's been awhile since I shared an entertaining moment from preschool.

Today as we were walking back from music class one little guy kept trying to balance and walk on this curb for want of a better term. It can be done - there's about 1" of concrete to balance on, but at least once a year someone falls off. Usually into another person, who falls into the person in front of them, and wouldn't you know it, the person behind isn't watching where they were going and ends up in the heap of crying children.

So, experience tells me that a very important rule when we are "on the move" is to keep both feet firmly planted on the pavement and leave the trick-walking for when you're with your mom.  Because I have to remind my little friends of this gem of wisdom quite often, sometimes I get tired of saying it to the same person over and over.

Today rather than my usual "walking feet on the street" spiel, I asked the little repeat offender if he needed me to remind him of our walking rules every day or if he could remember them on his own? I offered to hold his hand if that would help (haha my favorite tool in the preschool toolbox).

He goes, in a real hangdog way, "I'd rather go to a school without ANY rules".
I reply, "Well buddy, this is probably the best you'll ever have it - so enjoy!"
and the friend behind him goes, "Yeah, besides, you don't want to end up a PLUMBER do yah?!"


1 comment:

Will said...

Yes, yes plumbers are always down in the dumps.