Today is MY DAY!! We will have bfast goodies and funny cards. I think we all must stalk on card displays all over town looking for the funniest and best cards out there. We are all really good at it. It's a rare day that a birthday card is repeated during the year. I saw a great birthday card stand at a boutique that I will have to check out another time. The only problem is it's right next to the preschool and I think the chances are pretty high that one of my coworkers would stop in there too. Oh, the horror if we gave the same card!!!
I got another early birthday present yesterday - Mike was at a business lunch thing with about 130 people and his name was pulled in a drawing for a $50 restaurant gift card!! We will be going out for a special night to celebrate OUR birthdays next weekend.
I subbed on Tuesday for one of the Pre-K teachers - both were out because one gave a stomach bug to the other! so we had nothing but subs in Pre-K that day! anyways, the journal prompt was What is on Your Christmas Wish List? Kid after kid kept saying the same thing. They are at the point where they will draw something and attempt to spell a word but like to have help sounding it out. I could not for the life of me figure out what they were saying. I thought maybe it was Ninjago, but no... disgusted looks from the girls ruled that out. I asked just about every kid in the class to say it, hoping somebody had better pronunciation so I could spell it.
Me: Dog Mix Stuffing????!!
Kid 1: Yes - Dox Mix Stuffin
ask around the table - listening intently to every syllable
Me: Okaaaay. D--O-G.....M-I-X
Kid 2: Docmixstuffins
Me: (oh geez not again) ask a couple different kids. Still hearing the same thing but I KNOW it can't be right. I decide they are saying Mc, not MIX... D-O-G.....Mc-S-T-U-F-F-I-N-S
Kid 3: Dogmixstuffins
Me: (seriously?! what is this thing?!) Spying a kid under a blanket and the backpacks waiting to surprise Santa Hey - do you know DOG MC STUFFINS?
Kid 4: Yeah!!!! Doc Mc Stuffins!
Me: Wait a minute - did you say DOC with a hard C sound like our letter of the week?
Kid 4: Yeah - Doc!
Me: DOC (cuh-cuh) not DOG (guh guh)????
Kid 4: Yeah - DOC Mc Suffins
Me to Kid 3: So it's Doc Mc Stuffins? Is that it? (thinking Oh, dear....) So tell me, what does Doc Mc Stuffins do?????
Kid 1, 2, and 3 all start staying stuff like: She fixes things. She fixes things that are alive. (mind you I have been writing stuff down as fast as I can to capture their words they say they said them - in each child's journal for their "reflection" thoughts)
Me to Kid 4: Time for extreme measures - let's use our technology resource. (iPhone!) Why do you want a Doc Mc Stuffins?
Why didn't I ask that question first?!! Dog Mix Stuffing indeed. Yum. I was telling that story yesterday to our teachers and director, and reminded them of my really great idea that we have an in-service day with a bunch of Nick Jr shows on the DVR so we can get a few credit hours and be up on the latest trends.... Blues Clues is becoming a relic, Barney has been out longer than he was in, and Dora is about all I got left. I need some jaunty new tunes anyway.

3 comments:
Oh my dear Aunt Chrissie... you can just call me next time too! I am a PRO at understanding Pre-K language and I knew the second you typed Dog Mix Stuffing that it was DOC McStuffins! The show has actually helped Ty be more comfortable at the Dr.s office. I sing the song every time we go, "It's time for your check up, It's time for your check up! Check your ears. Check your Eyes, Find out how tall did you grooooow." Etc Etc. Disney now has a specific Disney Jr. Channel dedicated to 2-6 year olds. Just peruse that channel (which is pretty much all the TV we watch around here and it's limited) and you'll be up to speed in no time! Ty is especially into OCTONAUTS right now.
Hey and congrats on the 50$ gift card :) A Birthday dinner sounds great!
Guess I've spent too much time around little ones too, I knew exactly what that meant too!
Same here!
Post a Comment