Today is Polar Express & Pajama Day at preschool. There is nothing cuter than a bunch of 5 yr olds in their jammies. Unless it's their teacher in her jammies. It is a comfy, cozy day! Too bad it is 25 degrees outside right now. Brrrrrr. It will certainly feel like the Polar Express.
Polar Express Day also means our winter break is right around the corner! We are busy elves in the classroom making parent presents and lots of Christmas art. Glitter everywhere! Apparently, my tolerance for glitter art is very high, and when a parent present plan fell through yesterday I stopped at Michael's to see what we could do to salvage Christmas for that class. I have such a great job! Who doesn't love snow confetti glitter ornaments?! I came home and came up with a cute idea to decorate both sides of a paper mache snowman ornament. The front will be all snowy with a cute face and square sequins for buttons, and the other side will have the kids photo and this poem I found on the internet modge podged on:
The funniest face
looked out at me
From an ornament on
the Christmas Tree!
At first I thought it was Santa's elf,
But I looked again and
it was just myself!
Our Christmas program is on Tuesday, followed by a short class party, a longer staff lunch and gift exchange, and then we are off until January 8th!
Mid-terms are next week for Gib and Mariah. Indie comes home on Monday the 17th, and we will see Taryn on the 20th (she is flying in from Kansas City after visiting a friend's family). Sadly, Indie has to have gum surgery on the 18th but we will be ready with tons of yummy smoothies and drinks for the liquid diet that follows. We are praying she will sail through the recovery! Good thing Smoothie King is on our corner!
And on a completely different topic: We have all new windows. Yay! The ones in the back have no panes, so we can really enjoy the view. The dining room now has one giant picture window instead of the grouping of 3 that was there before. The best part is no more draftiness! I hope the heating and AC bills reflect the improvement. Maybe, just maybe, I will venture beyond the radius of my heater.
It's the hap-happiest season of all!!!
1 comment:
Love the window, but the tree is a little small for it ;)
Post a Comment