Playground time is everyone's favorite part of the day. The Jello Jiggler game is already in full swing with the tots this year picking up on a new trick of telling me some kind of yucky food they are so the Jello Jiggler Monster won't be tempted to try to catch them for a snack. Lemon has been a favorite, but we went green yesterday and many chose to be treetops and bark. I love watching the suspense build on their faces as I go, "lemon?! peew! peew! I don't LIKE lemons! Wait a minute..... I smell (sniff sniff) PEANUT BUTTER!!!!" and they all take off squealing.
Eventually, I get put in what used to be called JAIL. We have a few new kiddos to our school this year and they have a new place to send me - THE TEMPLE OF DOOM!!!
Here's Indiana Jones fighting off the natives....
yep, that DOES look familiar. Only my little natives have sandy hands and try to pull my legs out from under me, and I have my walkie talkie in my hand, holding it over my head, so it doesn't get ripped off...
It got me to thinking, we are always looking for some way to improve our playground... why not build a replica of the TEMPLE OF DOOM?! Of course I found one one the internet. Wonder what my boss would think of it? Wonder how many child safety standards it abuses?!
Here's the staff photo from last winter taken near the temple of doom. This is usually the spaceship, which is a whole 'nother game. Maybe I will be an alien invader today just to mix things up.



3 comments:
I can just imagine spewing Indiana Jones references that literally go over their heads! What are we going to find today? "Fortune and glory, kid. Fortune and glory."
Temple of doom. Now that is one scary place. I will take jail over the temple of doom any day. Yikes!
I love it! I wish my kiddos had Aunt Chrissie when they were in preschool! :P
Post a Comment