- Yesterday Gib officially made Eagle Scout! I am so proud of him! This is one parent who does not deserve the pin at the ceremony because the extent of my involvement was a gentle nudge (aka nag) here & there, and basically bringing pizza to the work site. Mike did more both on site, in the garage, and alot more nudging than I. In the end, it was a nice family team effort of support, and alot of work, learning and growing for Gib. He is one worthy scout to attain that rank.
- It's homecoming week at high school. Floats are being built by each class. From 4-9 each day (Tues-Thurs) the classes are putting them together. Flower parties were held before Labor Day and are being applied to the floats now. I signed up to help each day. I already made dinner this morning!!!! Yesterday: mom dumped 6 lbs canned taco meat (of 36 lbs of taco meat) into the crockpot for me and had it warmed when I got home at 3:30. I also signed up to bring 2 bags of chocolate, 3 bags of mint, a staple gun and lots of staples. Today: A very large pan of Rotini & Sausage with alot of cheese, and chaperoning. Tomorrow: 2 of 32 pizzas. Then I'm done for the year. No more hospitality from this chick. At least not for the freshman class.... I did sign up to help with prom.
- Yesterday was also my first subbing day of the preschool year. Glad to say I MADE IT! I love the regular teacher even though sometimes she is so adamant about following her set routines, this fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants (haha that was a funny typo) girl sometimes starts twitching. However, I have to admit, those kids have not been trained properly yet, and she was right about nap time - don't skip that. I helped finish out a day last week for her and said NAH! We don't need no nap! Wow - that was a mistake. I will not even pretend that I had an ounce of control from 1:50-2:30. Matter of fact at 2:05 I said, Yah, do whatever people! So napping was way back in yesterday afternoon for 25 minutes of calmness and almost quiet. I kept my position as Person In Charge Here People and we had a good day. And my happy go lucky self loved making up the art project as we went along. We painted paper plates - one each - in beautiful ROY G BV + BB( brown & black) colors. Since I used plates, I decided we should all talk about what kind of food we like that was the same color as their plate. Then I scribed their answers. I THINK plates might be dry today, and we will glue our answers, coincidentally enough, written out on the same color of paper onto our plates. My favorite was the kiddo who got black: ugh, right?! Poor girls they got brown, black, and yellow. The boys got blue and purple. What is the world coming to. The chickie who had black answered the prompt: What Kind of Food do you like that is BLACK? with "it's something I don't like... it's black, black, black strawberries!" Uh, yeah, 100% with ya!!
Got to go - gotta pick up the milk (again) since yesterday they gave us skim milk cartons instead of 2%. and I didn't vacuum the rugs in the classroom as I had to rush home to do homecoming stuff.
1 comment:
Um, you have been BUSY!
CONGRATS TO GIB!!!!
Homecoming is next month for us here...
Black strawberries kinda sounds gross...just sayin'! ;-)
Post a Comment