Last night was a little freaky.
Mike and I went for our spray tan appointments. There was a Groupon awhile back and I figured it would be nice to start out looking tan. "Although outdoor tanning allows humans to absorb the sun's natural energy, the sapped star will eventually turn pale and suffer the fate of Earth's original sun, the moon. Save the sun with this Groupon. VersaSpa booths bathe skin in organic bronzing mist & drying gusts to create head-to-toe bronze that doesn't rub off on clothes" Sounded great, so imagine my dismay when I had to choose Light, Medium or Dark without a color sample, or even a vague idea of what in the world we'd end up with. Apparently, it's kind of up to your skintone. Sheesh. So I ended up choosing "dark" for both of us because the gal at the salon said the others may not look like much at all on our skin tone and I didn't want to waste our only opportunity to avoid blinding everyone. I am thankful that I didn't wake up with a "Ross" moment! Mike is probably more so, since he had to go to work today!
Right at the start of American Idol a pretty intense thunderstorm hit. It was blowing really hard, tons of lightning and thunder, and tornado sirens. Some hail appeared intermittently for the next half hour. Across town, there were sightings of funnel clouds, a possible touchdown and strong downdraft winds. Here's a photo Taryn's friend had on her facebook taken in our old neighborhood.
The news was showing a car that was flipped over onto the roof at the baseball fields. Luckily the woman and child (who was buckled in her car seat) were OK. We however did not take cover. My head was OK, and Mike was upstairs watching the NFL draft with Gib. I was planning to watch Idol before I was distracted by more than swirling winds, flashing lights and torrential downpours.... a brown recluse spider. The potential tornado took a back seat to this little happenstance let me tell you! I bravely sprayed it and Mike was going to take care of it for me. I went away to have my heebie jeebie attack and when he reported back to me, he said it wasn't dead after all, and was halfway across the bathroom heading for the closet. I then had a major heebie jeebie attack with goose bumps on my entire body. And I wasn't even all that worried about the swirling trees in the front yard while the trees in the back were stick still. Whatever. I just saw a deadly spider!! Later, when I walked through the disaster that is my closet (getting ready for the trip) I looked at a bin that I took off a high shelf and thought Bingo! I bet it came from there. So of course now I'm freaking out about all the clothes I have all over and in a suitcase. I will have to shake and examine everything. I know I will. I had a hard time sleeping last night.
You should have heard the caterwauling from Pixie. Between the rain and her desire to shred another bunny in the stairwell, she was one upset cat. We locked the cats inside last night to avoid a repeat of the massacre. You know it's bad when Mike has to wash the walls. And this is why the door to the house remains closed. They can go in and out of the stairwell but not come in the home. But now they can't go in and out at all; I've locked the kitty door so that Gib or my mom won't have to get out the Dustpan of Death and take care of a mouse, bird, frog, bunny, lizard, or (please never again) a rat. I wish Pixie would get the hint that all her gifts are returned to the forest and stop bringing them in.
Well, I didn't get as much done last night as I should have. Today will be crazy busy. I know there's intense interest in the progression of our tans, so I will try to stop by an Internet Cafe once in a while. Inquiring Minds and all that.
3 comments:
We just watched the Ross episode last night. Hahaha!
That picture is intense!
I love a teaser-post.
Post a Comment