Today was the first work day for Gib's Eagle Project. The guys headed to the Senior Center armed with donuts. I arrived later with the camera. Then I arrived later again with pizza. They got a lot of clearing done to make space for a horseshoe pit.
The land to the right, going deep into the underbrush is where all the Scouts are working
The Scouts also helped spread mulch
Enjoying some teasing for almost falling
This is a favorite "little guy" of ours - he's growing up, but predictably he jumped at the chance to drag an entire tree
Egging on Mike that I can finally get a picture with a shovel
This is where the REAL fun is at
See?!
Where once there was chaos....
Ever notice how often 3 guys stand around watching 1 guy work?!
Finishing up for the day - digging out the roots with an axe.
Might have to take out the tree, but we hope not.













2 comments:
Looks like you guys made a ton of progress! I think that will be fun to have horseshoes there. I am a fan of the game, but never get to play it :(
Good to see an Eagle Scout project that actually involves work! Seems like everyone around here does some donation-deal . . .
Post a Comment