So, now that I've saved several of you the time it would have taken to make that comment, you can read on while I blab waiting for something worth writing about to surface in my mind.
- Indy has the flu. We saw her over the weekend before she came down with it. I kept nagging her to get the shot but she waited too long and then she kept getting sick and never got the vaccination. Now she has it. November 1st next year Indy, you better be the first in line on campus to get that free shot, girl!! This is the 4th time she has been really sick this winter. Not cool, not cool at all.
- Mariah is getting over a sinus infection. That was our week last week. I missed a couple days of work and she missed 4 days of school. I had a bit of a cold during that time too, so I was all right with it. We took our sick selves to a private high school open house. Nothing like a little germ spread. It's a remote back up plan in case we can't get out of this rezoning, and that other high school hasn't gotten off my bad radar. It's hard to separate fact from stereotype, and impossible to get a real read from conflicting reports. What I do know is it is the worst performing high school and that definitely looks bad when you are submitting transcripts to colleges. Yeah, you have a excellent gpa, took high level courses, from a craptactular school. Big Whoop. That poor reputation won't get you the nice scholarship that pays the big bucks unless you earn it in spite of the school's standing. So, I hope Mariah gets grandfathered in with Gib to his high school. She will stay with friends and won't have to wear uniforms to school. However, I will say that Home Economics classroom, complete with kitchens, sewing machines, etc., was a blast from the past and those cookies, made by Home Ec students ....OUT OF THIS WORLD! .... according to Mariah. I wish I had eaten one. They are still calling out to me. As good a reason as any to enroll, I say.
- Gib has a super bowl party to go to today. It will be a quiet football game for just me and Mike. I doubt Mariah will watch it with us. He went on a Venture Crew laser quest outing a couple nights ago and had a good time. Gib enjoyed Indy's visit at home very much. Everyone should ask him his very favorite part of it. It involved Indy wrapped around his leg while he tried to shake her off and everyone trying to hold their pants up. I took photos. Which will never be seen apparently since I haven't seen them appear on facebook yet. Hahahaha!!!! And why, are you wondering, did this occur? Or do you think this kind of stuff just happens around here all the time? Well, it might.... but this time, Indy spotted a NAME written on Gib's hand and wanted to read what it said. Gib tried to get away. When it appeared that Gib might succeed, I called in Mariah for reinforcements. Once the name was acquired, we women backed off and Gib huffed out. Mwahaha. He should have just given up the name in the first place! Soooo much easier. And as Indy said, "what did ya think was gonna happen? that's what you get for letting HER write on your hand!" Ahhh, it was a great show. Now that I think about it, I'll bet Gib was glad to get out of the house this weekend.
- Taryn is busy studying. She was shut in during the blizzard due to the extreme conditions. She is good. And that's all I know right now. I hope she has a chance to tell us more about the adventure, I'm sure that was, soon!
- My mom has been in San Diego getting my Grandpa moved into his new senior residence place. It's called Monte Vista in Lemon Grove, CA... he is settled in now and I imagine that even though it was by choice, making the actual move was a big deal when you have been in one house for 60 years. No, wait, I think it was longer than that! Maybe almost 70 years. Grandpa is 91. The house is going to be sold and there will be an estate sale and possibly and open house at the same time on everything that mom didn't pull out of it. I am sure that was a lot of decision making and hard work. What doesn't get sold will go to church rummage sale if they want it or Good Will if they don't.
- The Office Where I Type The Blog: Has A New Floor!!! I need a photo inserted here, don't I?! I took a couple on my phone and will have to scrounge one up. So, a family tradition, one which I quite like, is an anniversary gift from my parents to help Mike & I, and our family with a gift that was really needed for our home. It's not every year, but when it is especially needed. One year it was a dining room table, our first one that my mom finished herself. Many times, my dad helped Mike with projects. Over the years the anniversary gifts have run the gamut from bbq's to trees and furniture... all made a difference and was really appreciated and greatly used. This year it was a BIGGIE. We have been HATIN' the office floor. White carpet in the most used room in the house = a big bummer. Well, it's gone now and we have a nice laminate which is just awesome! Thanks Mom!!! She thought about going with one of several other needs in this place, but hands down, the floor in the office screamed PICK ME! PICK ME! and we all give an enthusiastic THANK YOU!!!! in return.
2 comments:
Sorry so many are sick around there. The floor looks great!
I love all the stories and stuff. We should at Least have the girl's name?
Post a Comment