Monday, February 8, 2010

Pop!!!

After the Crrrrack!!! post I thought this was a fitting title for today :)

So a funny thing happened on the way to preschool. Normally, being a Monday, I wouldn't be going there, but just so you know, it's not all fun and games. There's alot of serious behind the scenes stuff going on to set up the room or prepare for lessons before a school day begins. I had to wrap 10 valentine boxes and make 5 ice glacier prisms out of mirrors, and talk with my coworker about assessments for PTC's. So, back to my moment:

As I was on my way in, I noticed some pressure in my head and a passing thought went through my mind that I hoped a migraine wasn't on its way and that I'd better pay attention and take some meds if it developed any further (all clear by the way). About a mile further up ahead I approach a "mountain pass". It's a short-cut they carved out right through the hills and is one of the highest points around. I'll have to take photos someday. It is truly a beautiful drive - green trees and shrubs line the way as you climb a steep hill, then you drive between towering rock walls and this time of year they have frozen icicles all over and in the rain they have mini waterfalls, after a bunch of twists and turns, you descend into little the most gorgeous valley I've ever seen and come out into pasture. I used to just drive out there to look at it! Now I get to see it every time I drive to preschool.

Anyway, as I was nearing the top of the hill I noticed my ears were about to pop and it was almost painful. I was all like, "!ow I don't usually have this problem on this hill!" As I was shaking my head and trying to pop my ears, I heard a loud POP! from the back seat a fraction of a second before my ears popped!!!

I looked over my shoulder to see what in the world could've popped at the same time as my ears pressurized?! I mean, yeah, it's a sizeable hill, but come on... it's not THAT big!! Maybe a mile or two up to the top. That's when I remembered.......

I had empty two-liter bottles in the backseat for preschool!! They had been washed but the lids were capped back on and one of them popped with the pressure!! Can you believe that?! Immediately my first thought was to laugh and wonder at myself.... does this mean there is nothing but AIR between my ears too?!

Just a random airhead thought from me to you.

1 comment:

Holly said...

LOL! You crack me up! I have actually had my eardrum pop (burst) I know how painful it is...gratefully it was an empty 2 liter instead. :P