I have just a couple minutes for a brief update...so I'll talk all about ME. That won't take long!
I'm feeling much better; just slower than usual and not alot of energy. Hopefully it will improve day by day. My first two Wednesdays of teaching went very well. Last week the theme was Predictions and we had a prediction chart about whether or not the kids liked candy corn, did some candy corn math/visual art project and made cupcakes, decorated with...you guessed it! Candy corn!
Tomorrow, my curriculum theme is Blessings: Great & Small going off the theme of the month which is Being Thankful. It's also the 30th day of preschool. So I am taking in 3 different sizes of plastic cups in stacks of 30 each. I need to see which kids can count to 30 anyway, so we will have a comparison/contrasting day of size and volume with the cups. We will build pyramids with them and pour liquids from one to another comparing volume and appearance and finally we will tie it all into blessings and how God gives us many different kinds of blessings that may seems great and some may seem small, but no matter how you stack them, they all add up to the same thing: Heavenly Father loves us (to inifinity and beyond!). I think I will do a blessings poster too because I love kid quotes, and have them identify one Great Blessing in their life and one Small Blessing in their life and write down their quotes side by side. That's always hilarious. I can just see it now. Great: My Mommy, my teddy bear, and my trick or treat candy. Small: My baby sister.
Tonight will be a busy night too. It's the part two of Activity Nights. It's my 3rd in a row planning and I'm ready for a break after this and hope my partner will do the Daddy Daughter Christmas Caroling and Cookie Exchange on her own. We are finishing up an Intro into budgeting and going on a field trip to the grocery store as a quasi-service project to shop for canned food for the Cub Scout food drive. The girls were all given 2 weeks to do odd jobs and earn money for tonight. I really hope everyone comes prepared or it will be a giant flop. I've been emailing reminders, and sent home fridge magnets from the budgeting night so they wouldn't forget. We will divvy up the earnings into equal amounts for each team and when we get to the store, the kids will be assigned an aisle number and they can only buy what is in their budget and only in that aisle. This is an idea I morphed from Kay or Linda - thanks! It's alot of fun. My kids enjoyed it a time or two so I hope it translates OK for the Activity Girls.
Well, I gotta get off to preschool!
2 comments:
You will have to let us know if any funny blessings appear!
I read the 'to infinity and beyond' out loud and Gator just asked, "Where's Buzz?" I laughed and told him that's what Heavenly Father does...he loves you from inifinity and beyond. He just looked at me with a blank stare...LOL! I love all the ideas! SOunds like their is no rest in your world... glad you are feeling better. :)
Post a Comment