Thursday, August 20, 2009

Friday We Go

Most of Indie's stuff is in the dining room ready to be hauled down to the truck. The rest is in her room ready to be hauled down. She's said good bye to Gib, Taryn, and Mariah since they won't see her again before we take off. Indie is off to a good-bye party with some close friends. I miss her already. And yes, I know I get to drive up with her for 6 hours tomorrow, help her set up her dorm room Saturday morning, and the parents don't get kicked off campus until 6:45 p.m. Saturday evening, but each step of the way my heart just gets heavier. I just wish she was here right now. She tells me I get to see her next month for a parent's thing, and she'll be back in October... but I can see how hard the day to day Indie gap will be to get used to. Maybe if I cry now I won't cry tomorrow?

5 comments:

Holly said...

I am sorry...it is hard. I know when Con leaves on a mission or college it will be the same. As much as he HATES to hear it... ;) HUGS TO YOU!

Will said...

I miss Indie already and I just mean the cool stories that will be so much more infrequent now. Sigh . . .

Mickie and Matt said...

I've decided I like the Ind-ie way... it's more like Me! :) Anyways Chrissie if it makes you feel any better after HD got his mission call and Kristin went to college my mom didn't get out of bed for days... to say she was depressed was an understatement. Then I decided that I wanted to graduate early... and got to college after my Junior year... that wasnt a good idea to my mom. Ha! I didnt do it. So good luck at school Indie and Chrissie you'll make it through promise! You can cry the entire 6 hours home and call Indie as frequent as you'd like.

Kristin said...

Something that helped me was calling my mom for 10 min a day the first semester. It was just a quick phone call, but it keep me up to date and her up to date.

Kay said...

Ah...my kids tell the truth! I was a basket case for about two months just after Kristin left and right before HD left! I'm not sure why the first were the hardest for me, but they were. After that I did much better! Time, I guess! Kristin did call home everyday for 10 minutes, it was quick and nice to catch her up and get caught up! Does Indie have a web cam? That will help too!

One thing I remember HD saying to me when I was in a funk..."Mom, would you rather I stay home?" That seemed to push me back to reality. I didn't want him to stay home, I wanted him to go on a mission, and grow up and do the things he needed to do. I just wanted him to do them all around his mother. I'd seen too many parents who don't let their kids grow up and I didn't want to be one of them!

I know this is hard, man, do I know! But I promise it will get better!