Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Snow Day

The kids finally got a real snow day. Even though it was a light dusting, it was good enough to call off school. They all enjoyed the relaxing sleep in day. Now I know for all you Utah folks, a little dusting is nothing to get excited about, but here in Tennessee people tend to get a little worked up over even the slightest hint of snow. And really, its OK with me that the girls don't have to drive to seminary and school early in the morning with potentially icy conditions.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Unfortinetly I don't get any snow days at the moment :( I am sure the day will come.

Holly said...

That is one thing I will miss from CO. We get a 2 hour delayed start if it 'dusts' snow and a snow day if we get more than an inch! Glad you enjoyed your day off. :)

Maxwell (Mad)House said...

OH how I loved snow days! The only reason I ever wanted to get up early was so that I could watch TV and see if our county was on the list of schools that were canceled. AND if we were.....laying lots of clothes (we didn't have good snow clothes, it was Georgia) and heading out to play in the "snow". Looking back I'm not sure how much my mom enjoyed snow days but I thought they were the best:)

Mickie and Matt said...

Thats IT I am MOVING to TN! I wish a light dusting was something to fuss about, I hate driving to work in 6 inches of slush on I-15 going 15 mph.