Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Migraine Relief

Well, it has finally come down to it. As much as I hate to take daily med's (serioulsy, I'll pop anything for short term, but hate taking stuff everyday!) after 14 migraines since January 1st, I cry Uncle! But, I'm not happy with what the dr gave me - it has a long list of side effects, and I'm sure suicidal thoughts, excessive sweating, balding and nausea should be higher on my list of concerns, but the weight gain and insatiable cravings for sweets & carbs is what's really getting me worked up. I just took the first pill. Let me know in a week if you can tell I'm getting fat, cranky, have facial tics and homicidal tendencies, and/or depressed. I'll let you know if I get any migraines, deal?!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate daily medications also! I have the worst memory and often forget to take them anyway. Sad thing is that after all we've been going through recently the side of my bed looks like an old lady sleeps there. Way too many pill bottles. :-(

Kristin said...

For your sake I hope they at least work! Migrains a pains.

I get migraines that blot out my vision. Very weird things! The doctor came in and told my that I get migrains with aura's and I was shocked because I am pretty young. Weird.

Anonymous said...

Man...I'm not sure I like those side affects? And that's the best the out there?

So I guess we will have to watch your blog entries closely for any signs of depression and if you post a weekly picture, we'll be able to tell you if the sweet cravings are getting to you! ;)

Holly said...

I tried to leave a message and got an error...I am trying again. Those side effects do not look like fun. EEEWWW! I will keep an 'eye' on you! ;)