Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Last One!

Whew! I am so glad I just took the last Tamiflu! I feel really good this morning. I didn't even sleep in. Amazing! Of course, I just took the Tamiflu, so that really good feeling might've only lasted 2 1/2 hrs, but maybe the tummy ache won't be quite as bad now that I'm feeling better?!

Speaking of the "The Last One"....Mariah is working on a grisly story for creative writing. The assignment was to write at least 5 pages typed, narrative, descriptive SCARY story. Mariah must be on page 8 or 9 so far and is giddily writing the ending in school today. I don't like the story much. The writing is GREAT, don't get me wrong....I just can't get over the fact that Mariah killed off her MOTHER in the first freaking sentence!!!! And stuffed her body in the trunk of a Volvo!!!! Yeah, yeah, and get this, whilst dying of the swine flu I overhear Mike reading it and remarking, "your mother isn't going to like this much" but I was too sick to even reach for a water bottle that day so I couldn't get up and find out what they were talking about! Do you know how frustrating that is?! Then I finally got to read it a couple days later. Of course Mariah's alter ego in the story is the sole survivor of a murderous ghost and her father and brother skate off scott free! But the mother?! Nooooo.....and the mother didn't even get to be knocked off by the mystery ghost; I bought it by two stupid robbers. Geez. And I don't even let her watch CSI with us! She watches that one with Mark Harmon in it though - what is it NCIS?! I'm telling you right now, if she doesn't come up with some little twist at the end, like it wasn't HER mother's body bumping around with her in the back of that Volvo after all, my sweet child will find her television viewing habits severely curtailed! Kill me off, will you?!?!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I love it! Sounds like a creative story. At the end they could find out that the mother actualy was alive and they swiched the dential records so they could torcher her into giving them info on Mariah.

Kay said...

LOL! LOL!

Holly said...

I am glad you are feelin better. About Mariah's story...HAHAHAHA! I would probably be upset too. I could see Con doing that... ;)

Mickie and Matt said...

HAHAHAHA Oh man I got a good laugh about that... Glad to hear you are on the tail end of the pigpy flu.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't she hve just killed you off with the H1N1? Was there a twist?