Monday, September 21, 2009

My Point of View

  • Big Brother ended. We started it with Indie and she didn't get to finish it with us. That kinda made me sad. But she watched it on her computer. My favorite didn't win, but my least favorite person didn't win either; however she did get 2nd place so that leaves me a little disgruntled. I would have liked to see her heiny booted alot sooner! I got to watch the finale twice (well, most of it twice). Taryn was at work and missed seeing it with us. As soon as it ended she got home so we restarted it and I re-watched it with her. Taryn only watches the last few shows so she "doesn't waste her time" on all the losers.
  • Week 2 of NFL football! I should have a pretty good fantasy football team but it has let me down 2 weeks in a row. I need to change my team name to Kiss of Death. I draft perfectly good people whose careers go in the toilet when they become part of my roster. I feel sorry for them. As soon as I drop them in disgust, Mike usually picks them up and they instantly return to their former pro-bowl glory. What is up with that?! I hate losing.
  • It's another season of Survivor! We enjoyed the season premier last Thursday! I love Survivor season! It is too soon to pick a favorite, but maybe by next Thursday I will have one. We already know who the villain is though.
  • Another Extra! Extra! Big Bang Theory starts up again!!! Wow! This is as exciting as Survivor!!!!
  • I read on the internet that Chattanooga got over 7" of rain from Sunday to Monday morning. I wasn't exaggerating about that water! When I stepped out of the car the first time we pulled over on the freeway to see if we had a flat tire, the water went completely over my shoes! That was how I took my accurate measurement. I was glad I was able to quickly determine all 4 tires were still inflated and get back into the car without getting creamed on the highway while holding my new pink umbrella with the tag still attached. And, at one point, while we were cruising in the carpool lane, 2 feeder ramps in a row to I-75 were completely shut down with major accidents which is why I guess all the electronic signs were saying the interstate was shut down but we were still moving along just fine. Our ramps were unaffected because nobody had biffed it. There was also some stupid drunk person who tried to cross the freeway on foot and got killed. And another person got swept away by flood waters. The Queen of Pessimists thinks it is a miracle we got thru it as well as we did. I hope my car makes it over the hill to work tomorrow. I think we have more rain in the forecast. Ugh.

And one P.S. from the Mercer Weekend: Remember last summer when Mariah popped a balloon with her amazing mystery talent just by looking at it as we approached? She did it again!!!!! This time there were other witnesses! Mike, Indie, and Gib saw it too!!!

5 comments:

Chrissie said...

By the way, I googled the problem we experienced with the loud siren like noise and...gotta love google! It took me 5 seconds to find out what it was, what others did to solve it, and now I can go to my dealer with the part # and get it fixed, hopefully still under warranty. This is one guy's explanation:

"the exhaust system is cooled in such a way that an axle rubs on an exhaust bracket. Something like that. If I remember right, the fix was to modify or replace a bracket." Do a search over at Volvospeed.

Chrissie said...

oh, i forgot the part about it happening in snow or heavy rain....that was a main part of everyone's experience!

Holly said...

I love your point of view! ;) I love the Big Bang Theory! We watched it tonight. ;)

Kristin said...

I was not a huge fan of lenord last night. I sure hope episode 4 is better, we are watching the taping on tuesday :)

Balloons Everywhere said...

PSA - Mariah's name has been documented and registered with the BSIA (Balloon Safety and Integrity Association).